Financial counselling involves various forms of assistance with the key elements revolving around advocacy and negotiation. The Centre’s Financial Counsellors can:
- Help prepare a household budget
- Work with individuals and families risking disconnection of essential services such as electricity, gas and water.
- Advocate and negotiate with telephone/internet service providers, financial institutions, debt collectors and other creditors
- Advocate for/ provide information on consumer rights including information about consumer credit and independent dispute resolutions schemes
- Provide information about bankruptcy and early release of superannuation
- Assist and ensure access to concessions and entitlements
- Make appropriate referrals to legal services, emergency relief services and other local services
- Assistance with WA No Interest Loan Scheme applications
All our Financial Counsellors are members of the Financial Counsellors’ Association of Western Australia.
- Money Smart
- Financial Counsellors Association of WA
- Consumer Credit Legal Service (WA) Inc.
- WA No Interest Loan Scheme
- Department of Commerce
- Financial Ombudsman Service
- Credit and Investmant Ombudsman