Here at Gosnells Community Legal Centre Inc. (GCLC) we promote basic human rights, including housing, income, equality, freedom and dignity, by a variety of support services to resolve legal, economic or social issues.
Gosnells Legal Centre is one of over 200 Community Legal Centres in Australia that form the National Association of Community Legal Centres. Our mission and our work practices are based on the belief in the principles of human rights and social justice. We are a not-for-profit, non-government community based organisation.
All our staff offer confidential, non-judgemental information, advice and assistance to low income earners.
The Centre’s Vision is for an environment where everyone feels safe, empowered and able to fully participate in their community.
To assist in achieving this Vision, the Centre has the following values:
- Above all else, a commitment to social justice
- A commitment to the equitable distribution of legal, social and economic resources
- A commitment to participate – Empowering the community to participate in the circumstances and decisions that affect their lives
- A commitment to access for disadvantaged persons to improve their quality of life by upholding their legal, social and economic rights
- A commitment to advocate for rights that empower people
- A commitment to a workplace that values respect, integrity, communication, collaboration, and continuing education
- A commitment to delivering a professional caring and compassionate service
WHAT WE ASSIST WITH:
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Domestic Violence Legal Service for victims
- Mediation for Community and Family Disputes
- Financial Counselling
- Tenancy Advice and Education
WHAT WE DON’T ASSIST WITH:
CLIENT SERVICE CHARTER: All clients using our services are entitled to privacy, fair treatment, respect and a stress-free environment. Please see our Client Service Charter for further information.
|Leah Kronberger||Deputy Chairperson|
|Kirsten Gammer||Elected Staff Representative|