Victim Compensation Program
The victim compensation program of GCLC provides legal assistance to victims of crime to construct an application for criminal injuries compensation.
You could be eligible to make a claim for compensation if:
- You have suffered from physical harm, mental or nervous shock, and/or pregnancy as a result of an offence.
- You are a close relative of a person who unfortunately was killed as a result of an offense.
- You have experienced financial loss as a result of injury from an offense.
If successful in obtaining compensation, the amount of compensation awarded will depend on the severity of your physical or mental injuries.
Help us, help you!
Before your initial appointment you need to have reported the crime and assisted police in apprehending the offender.
After your initial consultation, if you choose GCLC to assist you, take advantage of your victim compensation appointment and come prepared. Bring any supporting documents, this may include but not limited to:
- Physical/mental injury reports.
- Police Reports.
- Statements from employer’s worker’s compensation insurer or private insurer.
- Proof of expenses (medical).